- Top Criminal Justice Degrees in Jacksonville, FL
A degree in Criminal Justice will allow you to pursue a career in a variety of fields such as corrections, law enforcement, crime investigation and forensic science.
If these fields interest you, then go ahead and read this article to learn more about the Top Criminal Justice Degrees in Jacksonville, Florida.
Top Criminal Justice Degrees in Jacksonville, FL
Do you want to explore topics like criminal law and advanced criminology? If yes, then you might want to consider enrolling in a criminology program at one of these schools.
1) The University of North Florida
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Criminal Justice
The 120-credit degree focuses on a range of modules such as Law Enforcement System, Correctional Systems, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminological Theory.
The 2-year program covers topics like Advanced Criminological Theory, Administration of Justice, Police Administration and Crime Mapping.
2) The Edwards Water College
The college offers the programs listed below.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Criminal Justice with the following concentrations:
- Florida Coastal Law School Concentration: Students need to complete 130 credit hours and are required to study modules like Juvenile Delinquency, Criminology and Juvenile Law.
- Police Academy Concentration: The 120-credit degree covers topics like Forensics, Victimology and Terrorism.
- Emergency Management Concentration: This is a 120-credit program that covers modules like Homeland Security, Disaster Response Management and Special Operations.
- Forensic Science Concentration: Students are required to complete 120 credits and have to study topics like Forensic Pathology and Forensic Analysis.
- Criminal Justice Concentration: The 120-credit degree emphasizes on the following modules: Criminal Minds, Juvenile Law and Criminal Procedures.
3) The Florida State College at Jacksonville
The college offers the following programs:
- Associate in Science (A.S) in Criminal Justice Technology
- Criminal Justice Technology Specialist Technical Certificate (T.C)
The 15-credit program has an applied focus on Juvenile Justice, Policing, Courts and Corrections.
The 24-credit program is ideal for students who want to gain workplace competencies and skills for entry level criminal justice positions.
4) The Jacksonville University
- They have to cover topics like Media & Crime, Women & Crime, Organized Crime, Social Deviance and Juvenile Delinquency. The minor requires completion of 15 hours.
5) The Trinity Baptist College
The following programs are being offered by the college:
- Associate of Science (A.S) in Law Enforcement
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Criminal Justice
The course content covers topics like Corrections, Criminology and Criminal Law & Investigations.
The 4-year degree emphasizes on topics related to Constitutional Law, Criminal Justice, Social Ethics and Criminalistics.