Interest in law enforcement and similar career paths has grown steadily in recent times. Specifically, El Paso has witnessed a considerable increase in the number of people opting to pursue higher education in Criminal Justice. There are some really good degrees available in the city that Criminal Justice aspirants can choose from.
Featured Programs and Schools
The following list has been prepared after careful analysis of data from different sources including government records, student surveys and independent research reports, etc. So, if you are also planning to enroll in a Criminal Justice degree program in El Paso, here is a list of some of the best options.
Before you take a look at the list, here are some professions you can join with a criminal justice degree and their salaries:
|Occupation||National Annual Mean Salary (2022)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||$91,610|
|Fire Inspectors and Investigators||$76,910|
|Forensic Science Technicians||$69,260|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||$62,840|
Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics
1) The El Paso Community College
The El Paso Community College (EPCC) was formed in 1972 as a community college district with its headquarters in The Sun City. There are a total of 5 EPCC campuses operating in the Greater El Paso area. Courses are also provided at Fort Bliss nearby. The EPCC offers the following degrees in Criminal Justice:
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- Certificate of Completion in Law Enforcement (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- Certificate of Completion in Homeland Security (Full-Time and Part-Time)
2) The University of Texas at El Paso
Set up in 1914, the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) is a major public research university in the area. It is part of the University of Texas System. Mexican-Americans make up the majority of UTEP’s student body. The following Criminal Justice programs are offered here:
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminology & Criminal Justice
3) The Vista College
The Vista College is a private, for-profit institution of higher learning functioning in El Paso for over 3 decades. Its small class size ensures that all students get a thorough understanding of their chosen subjects. The university offers various study options including full-time, part-time, online degrees and accelerated programs, etc. In the Criminal Justice domain, it offers the following programs:
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice (Online)
4) The Park University, El Paso
The Park University was established in 1875. Its El Paso campus is one of the oldest private universities in the city. A total of 41 campus centers in 21 states are managed by the Park University. This also includes 35 campuses on military installations around the country. The university has more than 17,000 students enrolled at the moment. One of the degrees it is offering is the Associate in Criminal Justice.
5) The International Business College, El Paso
The International Business College (IBC) is El Paso’s oldest seat of higher learning. A for-profit college, the IBC was formed in 1898. Since 1969, it has been accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. The school mainly awards associate’s degrees and diplomas to its graduating classes. One of these programs is the Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice.